Documentation:Digital Tattoo Curriculum/Generation Like
American Public Broadcasting premiered a Frontline documentary titled "Generation Like" in February 2014. The documentary enters the to the world of youth culture to explore how the perennial teen quest for identity and connection has migrated to social media — and how big brands are increasingly co-opting young consumers’ digital presences. The documentary is free to watch on online on PBS.org.
- Watch the Documentary
- Discuss the discussion questions with your community
- Use activities to stimulate thought and engage your group with the themes.
Key Questions for Discussion
- How is this generation different then the one which preceded it?
- Is the interconnectivity of youth, branding and advertising a new cultural creation? For better or for worse?
- How do you play into generation like? Is attention it own reward?
- Are vlogers likeTyler Oakley here to stay or will the the next upcoming trend sweep them under?
- Who is profiting off of Generation Like?
- High School Students
- University Students
- Community Members
The documentary "Generation Like" has a run time of 54 minutes. After viewing the film you may chose to have an open conversation or use the resources provided. These resources are intended as a starting point and may need to be revised to suit your context/timeframe.
|High School Students||Generation Like Workshop|
|University Students||Generation Like Workshop|
Supplementary Multimedia Resources