Documentation:DIY Media Toolkits Guides/Video
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Planning and Production
- A Model for Developing Multimedia Learning Projects Frey,B; Sutton, J. (2010)
- UBC Studios: Production Basics for UBC Media Makers.
Designing for Learning
- UBC's Design Principles for Multimedia: an overview of research and practice based principles for effective multimedia design, within a practical framework.
- What Makes an Instructional Video Compelling?: an interesting piece looking at factors like relationship to course content and conversational language, as contributors to compelling viewing of instructional media among students.
- Carnegie-Mellon's principles for learning
- Merrill's first principles of instruction
- Gagne's nine events of instruction
Creating Student Assignments
- Penn State's guide to media activities
- The Media Scholarship Project: Strategic Thinking about Media and Multimodal Assignments in the Liberal Arts: an excellent overview of the process of designing multimodal projects, from a faculty perspective. Features a strong emphasis on practical information.