Documentation:Connect/Sync iPeer Roster to Connect Roster (How to)
Your iPeer course roster (or class list) is entirely generated from your course roster in Connect. If your Connect roster changes over the course of your term, you can sync your iPeer roster to match your Connect roster.
This document will show you how to:
- Sync your iPeer course roster to match your Connect roster
- Identify instructor best practices facilitated by this function
Sync Course Rosters
- From within your Connect course environment click on iPeer in the Course Tools menu of the Control Panel on the lower left side bar of the page.
- Now you are on the Managing iPeer Course Connection page. You can see in the Actions Box found on the right side of this page a number of links. Click Synchronize Class List.
The Connect Learning Management System significantly expands the toolsets of teachers and learners. This function directly:
- Streamlines peer evaluation processes
- Integrates survey technology to enable the grouping of students by survey responses
- Immerses students in effective and innovative use of the LMS encouraging participation and exploration in these learning technologies
This function supports a number of Chickering and Gamson's Seven Principles, including:
- 1. Good practice encourages student - faculty contact
- 2. Good practice encourages interaction and collaboration between students
- 4. Good practice gives prompt feedback
We encourage both students and instructors to read more about the Seven Principles to see how they can inform your teaching and learning.
- Chickering, A. W., & Ehrmann, S. C. (1996). Implementing the seven principles. AAHE Bulletin, 49(2), 2-4.