Documentation:Connect/Stay Organized by Managing Your Tasks (How To)
Manage your personal to-do list to help stay focused and on track using the Tasks tool located in the Tools list on the My UBC page.
With the Tasks tool, you can create and manage personal tasks as well as tasks created by the course instructor.
From the Tasks page, you can distinguish between course and personal tasks by looking at the Type column.
This document will show you how to:
- Create a personal task
- Change the task status
- Sort the task
- Delete a personal task
Watch the video below on how to stay organized by managing your tasks:
Create a personal task
- From the My Connect page, in the Tools menu, click Tasks.
- Click Create Personal Task.
- Enter a name for the task.
- Enter a description for the task
- Set the task due date.
- Set the task priority.
- Click Submit
Change the task status
There are 2 ways to change the status of a task:
A) Via the Contextual Menu
- Hover over the task you want to change the status
- Click on the down-facing arrow to open the contextual menu
- Set the task status.
B) Via the Status Button
- Click on the check box beside the task you want to change
- Hover over Status on the top of the list to open the drop-down menu
- Set the task status
Sort the task
- To sort tasks by category, click on the column title to sort them in ascending or descending order.
Delete a personal task
- Select the boxes next to the task titles you wish to delete
- Click Delete
- A pop-up window will appear, asking you to confirm your selection
- Click OK.