Documentation:Connect/Personalize Your Course List Module (How to)
The Course List module lists all the courses you belong in. Courses are grouped by your role in them, e.g. instructor, ISS or student.
It is usually found under the Courses tab in Connect but it can also be added to any tab using the Add Module feature.
Personalizing the Course List module allows you to choose which course information you want to see such as the course ID and the instructor's name. You can also choose for the course announcements, tasks and calendar events to automatically appear.
For instructors and ISS who have long course lists, make them manageable by hiding courses you're not currently working on.
This document will show you how to:
- Personalize Your Course List
- Turn on the information for course tasks, announcements and calendar events in order to view upcoming deadlines immediately.
- Add the Course List module to a tab that you regularly visit such as the My Connect tab.
Personalize Your Course List
- Find the Course List module in the Courses tab.
- Click the cog icon () on the top-right corner of the module when you hover your cursor over it.
- In the Personalize: Course List page, select the course(s) you want to personalize. Take note of the following options:
- Toggling Select All/Unselect All will either show everything about a course of hide it.
- Unchecking the Course Name will also unselect all other options.
- (Optional) In 2. Edit List of Courses on Other Systems section, add courses you have on other platforms such as UBC Blogs or UBC Wiki, creating an external link in your Course Link module.
- Click Submit at the top or bottom of the page.