Documentation:Connect/Grade a Discussion Board Thread (How To)
You can assign a grade for a student’s contribution to a Discussion Board Forum. To make a thread gradable, select the contextual menu next to the title of the discussion board forum and click Edit to change the discussion board's settings to enable the grading of discussion board threads
This document will show you how to:
- Access a gradable thread.
- Select and evaluate a student's posts.
- Assign one grade for a student's thread participation.
Watch the video below on how to grade a discussion board thread:
Access a gradeable thread
- To begin, click Discussion Board
- Select a forum
- Select a gradable thread
Enter a rubric or points for the thread
Once you have selected a gradable thread, all the posts in the thread are displayed. If you have not already assigned a point amount or a rubric to the thread, the Grade column next to each post will appear as Grade.
- Click Grade in the grade column. This button only appears in gradable threads.
- Enter a point amount for the thread, select a previously created rubric to assign to the thread, create a new rubric, or build upon another rubric.
- Click Submit.
The Grade column now displays a Grade Thread button which now allows you to grade the thread.
Select and evaluate a student’s posts
A list of forum users will appear displaying their last name, first name, username, number of posts and grade.
- To select a student, click Grade in their column line.
- Evaluate all of the student's posts.
Assign one grade for that student’s forum posts:
- To assign a grade, from the right-hand menu in the Thread Grade section, click Edit Grade:
- Enter the grade.
- (Optional) Add feedback and grading notes.
- Click Save Grade.
- Click OK.
The grade is assigned in the Grade Centre and added to the Forum Users page.