Documentation:Connect/Export Your Connect Calendar to External Calendar Applications (How To)
You can export your selected Connect calendars content into other calendar applications such as iCal, Google Calendar and Outlook Windows 2013.
Once the iCal URL is set up in an external calendar, it is updated dynamically.
This document will show you how to:
- Generate iCal URL
- Add your Connect Calendars to Google Calendar once an iCal URL link has been generated.
- Add your Connect Calendars to Windows Outlook 2013 once an iCal URL link has been generated.
- Best Practices
- Select which calendars you would like to export before you click the Get External Calendar Link button.
- As the iCal URL is a private address for your calendar do not share this address with others unless you want them to see your calendar.
- You can use the URL link to subscribe to any calendar application that allows you to add Calendars through a subscription link (not just Google Calendar or Outlook).
- Outlook on Mac does not have an option for your to export your Connect Calendar into Outlook.
Generate iCal URL
- Click on your name on the upper-right corner to access the Global Navigation.
- Go into the Calendar ().
- Click the Get External Calendar Link.
- In the pop-up window you are given the generated iCal URL. Use this URL/subscription link to import your Connect calendar to external calendar applications. The URL address generated is private for this calendar.
Add you Connect Calendars to Google Calendar
Export your Connect Calendars to Google Calendar with the following steps once you have generated the calendar link:
- Log in to Google Calendar and access the Other Calendar drop-down list by clicking for its contextual menu.
- Select Add by URL.
- Paste the iCal URL generated by Connect iCal.
- Click the Add Calendar button. The Connect calendar will appear in the Other Calendars section of the calendar list to the left.
Add your Connect Calendars to Windows Outlook 2013
Export your Connect Calendars to Outlook Windows 2013 with the following steps once you have generated the calendar link:
- In the Calendar view, select Home tab or Folder tab.
- Click the Open Calendar button for a drop down menu.
- From the drop down menu, select From Internet.
- Paste the URL in the pop-up window.
- Select Ok.
- In the pop-up window that asks: Add this Internet Calendar to Outlook and subscribe to updates?, click Advanced button.
- Insert a name for your calendar in Outlook in the Folder Name field.
- Click Ok when finished in the Subscription Options window.
- Click Yes in the add this Internet Calendar to Outlook and subscribe to updates? Outlook Window.