Documentation:Connect/Enter Grades in the Grade Center (How To)
Grades are entered into the Grade Center in a variety of ways. Scores from items that have been added to the content of a course such as online tests, exams, and surveys are automatically entered into the Grade Center. Grades from an external sources, such as an Excel spreadsheets, are uploaded to the Grade Center, eliminating the need for double entry. Other grades are manually entered into the Grade Center using any of the views of the Grade Center.
This document will show you how to:
- Access the Grade Center
- Enter grades from the Grade Center page
- Grade by test question
- Grade students anonymously
Access the Grade Center
- From the left-hand course menu, select Control Panel.
- Click Grade Center.
- Click Full Grade Center.
Enter grades from the Grade Center page
Grades are entered in any cell in the Grade Center or from the Grade Details page.
- From the Full Grade Center page, click within the cell you want to type a grade in.
- Type the value.
- Press Enter.
- Click OK to save the grade.
Grade by test question
You can grade all of the responses for a specific question at one time by using the Grade Questions option. This procedure is used for entering new grades or changing grades. Grades can be given anonymously by clicking Hide User Names on the Grade Responses page. The test remains in Needs Grading status until all of the responses for all of the questions have been graded.
- From the contextual menu of the column header, click Grade Questions.
- From the Grade Questions page, use the Filter Questions by Status menu to filter the results by Needs Grading status.
- Check the Grade Responses Anonymously box to have the answers displayed without an attached name.
- Click the number in the Responses column to access the question.
- Review the response and click Edit next to the score for the user.
- Type a new grade in the Score text box, or if a rubric has been associated with the question, click View Rubric to grade the question using the rubric.
- Click Submit.
- Click Back to Questions at the bottom of the page to return to the Grade Questions page to select the next question to grade.
Grade students anonymously
You can grade items in the Grade Center without viewing user information. The students appear in a random order without any identifying information to you (or your designated grader) for grading.
- From the contextual menu of the column header, click Grade Anonymously.
- Type a grade in the text box for each question.
- Click Save and Exit to return to the main Grade Center page or Save and Next to show the next student.
- Getting Started with the Grade Center (pdf)