Documentation:Connect/Enable iPeer (How to)
To begin using the iPeer building block in Connect it is necessary to first enable the building block in your course environment.
This document will show you how to:
- Enable the iPeer building block in a course within Connect
- Identify instructor best practices facilitated by this function
Enable iPeer in a Connect Course
- Logged in as a course instructor, look to the Control Panel in the lower left sidebar. Click on Customization, and then Tool Availability from the drop-down list.
- On the Tool Availability page you will see a long list detailing the availability of LMS course tools in your Connect course environment. After you've found the row (organized alphabetically) regarding iPeer , check the box in the Available column to make this course tool available in your Connect course environment.
The Connect Learning Management System significantly expands the toolsets of teachers and learners. This function directly:
- Streamlines peer evaluation processes
- Integrates survey technology to enable the grouping of students by survey responses
- Immerses students in effective and innovative use of the LMS encouraging participation and exploration in these learning technologies
This function supports a number of Chickering and Gamson's Seven Principles, including:
- 1. Good practice encourages student - faculty contact
- 2. Good practice encourages interaction and collaboration between students
- 4. Good practice gives prompt feedback
We encourage both students and instructors to read more about the Seven Principles to see how they can inform your teaching and learning.
- Chickering, A. W., & Ehrmann, S. C. (1996). Implementing the seven principles. AAHE Bulletin, 49(2), 2-4.