Documentation:Connect/Download Files to the Grade Center (How To)
You can download full or partial data from the Grade Center, but you should do so only on an encrypted drive (see Note on File Security and Protection of Privacy below). Once downloaded, grades and comments accessed through the Quick Comment feature or Manual Override page can be changed and added offline and later uploaded to the Grade Center.
This document will show you how to:
- Access the Grade Center
- Download files from the Grade Center
Note on File Security and Protection of Privacy
Before working offline with student grades on your computer, please read the Access and Privacy Brochure from the Office of the University Counsel to learn more about your responsibilities concerning the security of your files and the protection of privacy of your students.
Watch the video below on how to download files from the Grade Center and work offline:
Access the Grade Center
- From the left-hand course menu, select Control Panel.
- Click Grade Center.
- Click Full Grade Center.
Download files from the Grade Center
- From the top menu, click Work Offline > Download.
- Select the data to download:
- Full Grade Center: Contains all columns and associated data. Comments will not be included and cannot be added offline.
- Selected Grading Period: From the drop-down list, select a grading period. Grading periods must be created before they are chosen. To learn more, see How to Create and Manage Grading Periods.
- Selected Column: Using the drop-down list, select one column and its data. Select the check box to Include comments for this Column, which will download comments from the Quick Comment feature or Manual Override page. Included comment text can be edited offline.
- User information: Columns containing student data such as user name are included.
- Select the file delimiter, Comma or Tab.
- Select whether to Include Hidden Information in the downloaded data. Hidden information includes columns and students that have been hidden from the view in the downloaded file.
- Select the location for the download. Click Browse to select the folder in the Content Collection.
- Click Submit.
- On the next Download Grades page, click Download and save the file. Do not change the file name while saving, because the Grade Center needs the information it contains to deliver it to the appropriate column when uploading.
- Getting Started with the Grade Center (pdf)