Date Management allows you to easily change dates and deadlines for a course when they are rolled over into another term. This documentation will help you to:
- Adjust the date of the content and tools using the Date Management tool.
The Connect Learning Management System significantly expands the toolsets of teachers and learners. This function directly:
- Contributes to ease of centralized online assessment which can create much needed time for student planning and reflection
- Immerses students in effective and innovative use of the LMS encouraging participation and exploration of learning technologies
This function supports a number of Chickering and Gamson's Seven Principles, including:
- Good practice encourages interaction between students and faculty
- Good practice gives prompt feedback
- Good practice emphasizes time on task
We encourage both students and instructors to read more about the Seven Principles to see how they can inform your teaching and learning.
Date Adjustment option
There are three ways to adjust the content and tool dates:
Use Course Start Date
This option will automatically adjust the date of the content and tools based on the Course Start Date.
For example: Your Current Start Date is on March 10, and the assignment is due on March 11, which is due 1 day after the course start date. If you set the New Course Start Date to March 15, then the assignment will now be due on March 16, which is due 1 day after the new course start date.
After you enter your current and new start date, press Start.
Adjust by Number of dates
This option will automatically adjust the date of the content and tools based on number of dates.
For example: If you adjust the number of dates by 10 days, the assignments that was due on March 10 will be due on March 20.
|If you use positive numbers, it will move the dates forward. If you use negative numbers, it will move the dates backward. .|
After you enter the number of days you want to shift your content and tool dates , press Start.
List All Dates for Review
Choose this option If you want to review the dates of the tools and contents before you make the adjustments.
Select Start if you are satisfied with this option.
Date Management Review
This option allows you to review and adjust all the dates of the content and tools.
You can adjust the dates of the content and tools by clicking on the edit icon beside the content or tools. If you want to adjust multiple dates, select multiple content and/or tools and click on Adjust dates
- Chickering, A. W., & Ehrmann, S. C. (1996). Implementing the seven principles. AAHE Bulletin, 49(2), 2-4.