Documentation:Connect/Create and Edit a Journal Entry (How To)
Journals are great tools to encourage your students to reflect on topics and personally communicate with you.
Structure the conversation by providing some questions for reflection or responding to their journal entries. Entries can be text, images, links, and attachments and all journal entries can be saved as drafts to be posted at a later date.
This document will show you how to:
- Create a journal entry
- Save the entry as a draft
- Edit the entry and post the entry
Watch the video below on how to create and edit a journal entry"
Create a journal entry
- To begin, from the Course Management menu on the left-hand side, click Control Panel
- Open the Course Tools menu and click on Journals
- Select a journal by clicking on its name
- Click Create Journal Entry at the top of the page
- Enter a title for the journal entry
- (Optional) Attach a file from your computer or content collection to supplement your journal entry
- Enter the message for the journal entry
Save the entry as a draft
- In the 3. Submit submit, click Save Entry as Draft to return to the message at a later time before posting it.
- The new entry displays on the View Drafts area.
- To return to your drafts, go back into the journal where you wrote the post
- On the right-hand side of the screen, click View Drafts
Edit the entry and post the entry
- Click the journal entry to open it
- Make the desired changes
- In the 3. Submit section, click Post Entry