Documentation:Connect/Create an Announcement (How To)
You can use the Announcements tool to inform students of news, events, deadlines or other time-sensitive information.
This document will show you how to:
- Create an announcement
- Set options
- Reorder announcements
Watch the video below to learn how to create an announcement:
How to Create an announcement
- From the Course Management menu on the left-hand side, click Control Panel
- Under Course Tools, click Announcements
- Click Create Announcement at the top of the page
How to set options
- In the 1. Announcement Information section, enter a Subject for your announcement. It is the displayed title on the Announcements page
- Enter the Announcement details in the text editor
- In the 2. Web Announcement Options section, select if you would like the announcement to be permanent or date restricted
- Note: Permanent announcements will appear above Date Restricted announcements, which will only appear on the specified date(s).
- (Optional) In the Course Link section, link the announcement to a specified area in the course
- Click Submit either at the top or bottom of the page
How to Reorder announcements
Drag and drop announcements to reorder them by importance.