Documentation:Connect/Create a Tool Link (How To)
You can help students access what they need by adding links of frequently used tools to either the course menu on the left side of the screen or within individual content areas (e.g. learning modules, folders)
For example, add links to My Grades and Send Email to the Course Menu or place relevant tool links near instructional content in the Content Area.
This document will show you how to:
- Create a tool link on the Course Menu
- Create a tool link in a Content Area
Watch the video on how to create a tool link:
Video produced by Arts ISIT.
- Go to the Course Menu on the left-hand side and click the Add Menu Item button () at the top
- Select Create Tool Link
- Enter a name for the link
- Select a tool type to add
- Select the Available to Users box so that it appears in the course menu for users
- Click Submit
- Select a content area
- Click Tools at the top of the page
- Select a tool to add
- Fill required information
- Note: Every tool is different and will require different settings. For tools such as Discussion Boards, Blogs, and Wikis, you can choose to link those pages or to specific content.
- Click Next at the top or bottom of the screen
- In the Link Information section, enter a name for the tool link and enter a link description.
- In the Options section, set if you want the link to be available to users, if you want the number of views tracked, and the desired date restrictions for the link
- Click Submit at the top or bottom of the page
Click on the link below to view a PDF file describing step-by-step instructions on how to create a tool link:
- Getting Started with Course Content (pdf)