Documentation:Connect/Create a New Thread in a Discussion Board (How To)
You can create a new thread in a discussion board forum to introduce a new topic of conversation to your classmates.
Creating a thread allows you to share your ideas, opinions and thoughts on a topic to discuss with your classmates.
This document will show you how to:
- Create and post a new thread
Watch the video below on how to create a new thread in a discussion board forum:
Create and post a new thread
- Click Discussions from the course menu on the left-hand side of the screen
- Select a forum associated with your topic
- Click Create Thread at the top of the page
- Enter a subject for the thread
- Enter your message for the thread
- (Optional) Attach files to the thread
- Click Submit at the top or bottom of the page to create the new thread
- Note: You can also save the thread as a draft and edit it at a later time. Click Save Draft at the top or bottom of the page.