Documentation:Connect/Create a New Thread (How To)
Threads are a series of posts related to the same topic.
Create threads to organize discussion topics in a discussion board forum.
This document will show you how to:
- Create a new thread
- Attach a file to the thread
Watch the video below on how to create a new thread in a discussion board forum:
Create a new thread
- Under Course Management on the left-hand side, open Control Panel
- Click Course Tools
- Click Discussion Board
- Click on a discussion board
- Click on a discussion forum
- Click Create Thread at the top of the page
- In the 1. Message section, enter a subject for the thread
- Type your message for the thread in the text editor
Attach a file to the thread
- In the 2. Attachments section, click Browse My Computer and upload a file from your computer
- (Optional) Click Save Draft at the top or bottom of the page to save and edit the thread at a later date
- Click Submit at the top or bottom of the page to publish the thread in the forum
Students can now post on the new thread.