Documentation:Connect/Create a Lesson Plan (How To)
A Lesson Plan is a container for content items, similar to a Content Area, Learning Module, or folder. You can use Lesson Plans to help students understand the intended result of their learning and prepare them for the content ahead.
This document will show you how to:
- Create a lesson plan
- Add content information
- Add curriculum resources
Watch the video below on how to create a lesson plan:
Create a lesson plan
- To begin, select a content area
- Under Build Content at the top of the page, click Lesson Plan
On the Create Lesson Plan page, the Content Information tab at the top of the page enables you to display general information about the lesson plan.
You can also add specific sections to the lesson plan by using the Add Lesson Plan Section menu.
Each area in the lesson plan can be re-named by double-clicking on the name. For instance, if you would like to change the Instructor area to say Teacher's Assistant or Facilitator, double-click Instructor, enter the new name in the text box, and click Save.
After each area of information you add, click the Share with students check-box to make this information available to students.
Add content information
- Type a name for the Lesson Plan.
- Add a description for the Lesson Plan, this will appear under the Lesson Plan name in the course area.
- Enter a name for the Instructional Level.
- Enter a name for the Instructor.
- Enter the lesson objectives in the text editor.
- Add a Subject Area.
- In the Standard Options section, select if you want this content available to students.
- Select if you would like the number of times a student access the content recorded.
- Add date and time restrictions for displaying the content to students.
- To add new areas of information to add, use the Add Lesson Plan Section menu to select areas.
- Change Edit Mode to OFF to ensure you are revealing only the information you intend to show to students.
- Click Save and Continue.
Add curriculum resources
A new Lesson Plan is effectively an empty container until you add content or link resources from within your course into the lesson plan.
- Click Build Content to create new content, add media, or link to previously created content in the course.
- Click Assessments to create a new test, assignment or quiz.
- Click Tools to add collaborative tools in the lesson plan like a discussion board or class blog.
- Click OK when you are finished.
- Getting Started with Course Content (pdf)