Documentation:Connect/Create a Content Item (How To)
You can create a Content Item which is a general piece of content, such as a file, image, text, or link to which a description and other items may be attached. You can attach items stored on your computer or in your Content Collection.
The Content Collection is a central location for organizing and storing content for your courses, your own files, and for items shared across the university. This was previously called the File Manager in Web CT Vista.
This document will show you how to:
- Create a new content item
- Attach a file to the content item.
Watch the video below on how to create a content item and attach a file to it:
How to create a new content item and attach a file to the content item
- Select a content area
- Go to Build Content at the top of the page and click Item under Create
- In the 1. Content Information section, enter a name and description for the item
- In the 2. Attachments section, attach a file from your Course Files by selecting Browse Course Files or from your computer by selecting Browse My Computer
- In the pop-up window, select a file and click Submit at the bottom of the page
- In the 3. Options section, select the (Yes) option to allow users to view the item
- Under track number of views, set whether or not you want the number of times the item is viewed by each user recorded.
- Under Select Date and Time Restrictions, enter the desired start and end date for the item to be available to students.
- Click Submit at the top or bottom of the page