Documentation:Connect/Create a Blog Entry (How To)
Blogs allow you to record and share your research, analysis, and writing by creating a blog entry in your personal, group, or course blogs.
Entries in a blog can include any combination of text, images, and links.
Blogs can be located in the course menu on the left-hand side or can be embedded within your course's content. If you are unsure where the blogs are located, please ask your instructor.
There are multiple types of blogs, course blogs are open for anyone in the course to post entries to. Individual blogs are open to only the blog owner. Group blogs are open for all students to read, but only members of the group can post entries.
This document will show you how to:
- Create a blog entry
- Save the blog as a draft
- Edit and post the blog entry
Watch the video below on how to create a blog entry:
Create a blog entry
- Click on your personal, group, or course blog
- Select a blog
- Read blog instructions
- Click Create Blog Entry at the top of the page
- Enter a Title for the blog entry
- Enter blog message
- (Optional) In the 2. Blog Entry Files section, attach files from your computer or your Content Collection
You can either save the entry as a draft and edit it at a later date or post the entry immediately.
Save the blog as a draft
Click Save Entry as Draft at the bottom or the top of the page to return to the message later to edit and send.
The new entry displays on the View Drafts page.
Edit and post the blog entry
- Select the blog where you had the draft entry
- Click View Drafts on the top-right corner of the page
- Open the blog entry
- Make the desired changes
- Click Submit at the bottom or the top of the page to post the blog entry