Documentation:Connect/Create a Blank HTML Page (How To)
You can add a single page of content as a clickable link in a content area using a blank page.
A blank page is different than a content item or folder in that there is no description that appears in the title of the page.
Students can only see the content on a blank page after clicking the link.
Adding blank pages to a content area limits scrolling and streamlines the content area.
This document will show you how to:
- Create a blank page
- Set page options
Watch the video below on how to create a blank HTML page:
Create a blank page
- To begin, select a content area
- Go to Build Content
- Click Blank Page under New Page
- Enter a descriptive page name. This becomes the link in the content area and is the only information shown for the page.
- In the 1. Content section, add formatted text, links or multimedia content
- In the 2. Attachments section, upload files from your computer by clicking Browse My Computer or files from your course by selecting Browse Content Collection.
- Note: Document attachments will display as links, while media files have the option of being created as a link or displayed within the file under the File Action menu.
- Under Permit Users to View This Content, select whether or not you would like this content page to be visible to others.
- Under Track Number of Views, enable to record the number of times the blank page is viewed, and by whom and set a start and end date for when the blank page is visible.
- Under Select Date and Time Restrictions, set a limit on dates when the blank page will be available to students.
- When you are finished, click Submit at the top or bottom of the page