Documentation:Connect/Create Random Enroll Groups (How To)
You can create groups for students to collaborate on work. Random Enroll is available for only group sets and automatically distributes students into groups based on a designated number of students per group or by the designated number of groups. Random distribution applies only to students who are currently enrolled in the course. Additional students can be enrolled manually.
Each group has its own space, or homepage, with links to tools to help students collaborate. Only the instructor and the group members can access the group tools. When naming a set of groups, the name of each group has a number added to it when they are first created. For example, a set of groups named "Research" results in groups named "Research 1," "Research 2," and "Research 3," depending upon the number of groups in the set. You can edit the group names after they are created.
This document will show you how to:
- Access groups
- Create a Random Enroll Group Set
- Using Student Groups
- From the left-hand course menu, select Control Panel.
- Click Users and Groups.
- Click Groups.
Create Random Enroll group sets
- From the Groups page, click Create Group Sets > Random Enroll.
- In the Group Information section, add a name for the group.
- Add a description for the group.
- Choose whether or not to make the group available by selecting (No) or (Yes).
- In the Tool Availability section, check which tools you would like available to students in the group. With Blogs, Journals, and Wikis, you an add an option to make the student's contributions gradable by entering points possible.
- In the Module Personalization Setting section, select Allow Personalization to allow students to customize the look of their group.
- In the Membership section, select the number of students per group.
- Enter the number of groups to be created.
- Select how to distribute the remaining students who do not fit into the set number of groups.
- Click Submit.