Documentation:Connect/Communicate and Collaborate Resources Index
- 1 Announcements
- 2 Blogs
- 3 What is a blog?
- 4 Connect Blogs
- 5 UBC Blogs
- 5.1 Discussion
- 5.2 Email
- 5.3 Group
- 5.4 Instant Messaging
- 5.5 iPeer
- 5.6 Journals
- 5.7 Messages
- 5.8 Web Conferencing
- 5.9 Wikis
Alert students with course reminders and updates.
What is a blog?
Weblog or blog is a tool used for personal online journals, discussions or a course space. In Connect, there are two blog tools available: Connect Blogs and UBC Blogs.
- Connect Blogs Guide
- Create a Blog
- Create and Edit a Blog Entry
- Comment on a Blog Entry
- Grade Individual and Group Blogs
Foster discussions between all course participants in one centralized location.
Create & Organize Discussions
- Create a New Discussion Board Forum
- Create a New Thread
- Reply to a Discussion Board Thread
- Change Discussion Forum Settings
Manage & Grade Discussions
- Search and Collect Discussion Board Posts
- Grade a Discussion Board Forum
- Grade a Discussion Board Thread
- Rate Discussion Posts
- Manage Discussion Thread Actions
- Manage Discussion Forum Roles
- Moderate Forums
Piazza is a Q&A style forum that can be easily integrated with Connect. Piazza allows:
- Students and Instructors to post questions. Other students’ or Instructors can answer to the question.
- Instructors and students to endorse students’ questions and answers.
- Instructors to check the statistics to see contributions from the students.
The Piazza website provides useful resources such as:
Send email messages from within Connect to your students using your email address from the Faculty Service Centre (FSC).
Create student groups for course projects and peer to peer support.
- Create a Random Enroll Group
- Create Manual Enroll Groups
- Create Self Enroll Groups
- Exchange Files in a Group
- Manage Group Tools
Blackboard Instant Messaging (BbIM) is an instant messaging tool that can support study groups, meetings and office hours via web conferencing, VoIP and collaborative whiteboards.
- What is Blackboard Collaborate Instant Messaging?
- Create a Blackboard Instant Messaging Account
- Enable Blackboard Instant Messaging in Your Course
- Change Your Blackboard Instant Messaging Course Settings
More information on how to use Blackboard Collaborate Instant Messaging can be found at http://www.blackboard.com/Platforms/Collaborate/Services/On-Demand-Learning-Center/Enterprise-Instant-Messaging.aspx.
iPeer is a web application integrated into Connect to develop and deliver rubric-based peer evaluations.
- What is iPeer?
- Enable iPeer
- Create an iPeer Course
- Create Groups in iPeer
- Transfer Student Groups Between Connect and iPeer
- Sync iPeer Roster to Connect Roster
- Create and Edit iPeer Evaluations
- Create and Edit iPeer Surveys
- Create an iPeer Event
- View iPeer Evaluation Results
Journals provide a personal writing space for students for self reflection or private communication with the instructor.
- Create a Journal
- Create and Edit a Journal Entry
- Comment on a Journal Entry
- Grade Individual and Group Journals
Resources below are developed by Blackboard Inc. There may be minor difference in wording and interface,
Send internal text-based messages to other course participants that can only be accessed and archived within the course.
Facilitate classes, meetings, presentations, discussion groups via an interactive web conferencing tool.
- What is Bb Collaborate Web Conferencing?
- Prepare Moderators to Use Blackboard Collaborate Web Conferencing
- Prepare Participants to Use Blackboard Collaborate Web Conferencing
- Troubleshoot as a Moderator
- Annotate a Web Conferencing Session
Web Conferencing in Connect
Web Conferencing Outside of Connect
- Setup a Web Conferencing Session Outside Connect
- Share Recordings of Sessions Facilitated Outside of Connect
Blackboard Collaborate Plan
Blackboard Collaborate Plan is a tool that can help you organize your content and activities for your web conferencing session.
More information on how to use Blackboard Collaborate Web Conferencing can be found at http://www.blackboard.com/Platforms/Collaborate/Services/On-Demand-Learning-Center/Web-Conferencing.aspx.
A collaborative writing tool where you and your students can easily act as writer, editor, and publisher.