Documentation:Connect/Comment on a Journal Entry (How To)
Journal comments are remarks are responses to a student's journal entry. Responding to your student's journal entries encourages intellectual exchange.
This document will show you how to:
- Select a journal entry
- Comment on a journal entry
- View the comment
Watch the video below on how to comment on a journal entry:
Select a journal entry
- From the Course Management menu on the left-hand side, select Control Panel
- Click Course Tools
- Click Journals
- Under the Entries column, check for journals that are marked as having new entries
- Select a journal with new entries
Comment on a journal entry
Students who have new journal entries will be marked with a thumbtack icon ().
- In the More Journals section on the right-hand side, click on the student's name whose journal you want to comment on.
- Click Comment at the bottom-right corner of the journal entry
- Enter a comment
- Click Add at the top or bottom of the section
View the comment
- Click on the Comments link on the bottom-left corner of the journal entry
- View the comments you have added to the journal entry