Documentation:Connect/Clear a Student's Test Attempt (How to)
Students may experience challenges and difficulties beyond their control when taking online quizzes and tests. There maybe a power outage, a disrupted connection or a mistakenly pressed button. In any case, students may request that their attempts on a quiz be reset or cleared.
Please note that it is up to the instructor's discretion to clear a student's attempt. Clearing an attempt will permanently delete all the student's responses.
This document will show you how to:
- Clear a student's last test attempt
- It is recommended to create practice quizzes with unlimited attempts.
- If possible, create an explicit policy on what grounds students can request a reset.
- Take into account other information that Connect collects such as when was the quiz last attempted or what was the student's progress for that test.
- Allow students to make multiple attempts on an assessment before a deadline.
Clear a student's test attempt
- Under Course Management on the lower left-hand side menu, go to the Full Grade Center in the Grade Center.
- Search for the student's name (row) and quiz (column).
- Click on the chevron or facedown arrow when you hover over the grade.
- Click View Grade Details.
- In the Grade Details pages, pick the attempt you want to clear.
- Go to the Actions column and click Clear Attempt.
- Click OK when you are asked to confirm.
Note: You can also clear a student's specific test attempt based on specific criteria. At the top of the actions column is a drop-down menu beside Delete where you can choose from the following:
- Last Attempt
- First Attempt
- Highest Scored Attempt
- Lowest Scored Attempt
- Attempts Between Dates...
- All Attempts
Click Go to clear the attempts.