Documentation:Connect/Attach a Rubric with a Course Activity (How to)
Except for assessments, rubrics can be attached to graded course activity such as assignments, blogs, journals and discussions.
They can guide instructors during the grading process or help students to gauge the expected quality of work.
This document will show you how to:
- Attach a rubric to a course activity
- View a rubric during grading
Watch the video below on how to attach a rubric to a course activity:
Attach a rubric to a course activity
- Go into a content area.
- Hover over the item.
- Click the facedown arrow beside the item's name.
- Click Edit.
- Go to the Grading/Grade Settings section
- Choose to grade this course activity.
- Hover on Add Rubric.
- Click Select Rubric.
- In the pop-up window, check the box beside the rubric's name you want to use.
- Note: You can attach more than one rubric at a time.
- Click Submit at the bottom of the page.
Make the rubrics visible to students
By default, attached rubrics are hidden from students.
- In the Grading/Grade Settings section, go to Associated Rubrics.
- Go to Show Rubrics to Students.
- Hover over the drop-down menu
- Choose Yes (With Rubric Scores).
- Click Submit at the top or bottom of the page.
Viewing the Rubric
Instructors and students can find the View Rubric button beside the maximum possible grade in a course activity.