Documentation:Connect/Add a Flickr Photo Mashup to Your Course (How To)
For faculty members, Flick Photo Mashups are a simple way for you to add relevant media content to your course from external sources, without having to create it yourself.
This document will show you how to:
- Searching for and add a Flickr Photo.
- Set the Flickr Photo options.
Searching for and add a Flickr Photo
- Within your course, select a content area
- Hover on Build Content on the top navigation, click on Flickr Photo under Mashups
- Enter the Search method by selecting if you want to search by photo text, tag or the URL.
- Enter Keywords to identity your search.
- Enter the search parameters by selecting if you want the search to find the photo by using all of the keywords, any of the keywords, or the exact phrase of your keywords.
- (Optional) For a more specific search, click More Options and enter other search parameters for a more advanced search.
You are highly encouraged to search for images with a Commons License
- Click Go to begin the search.
You can sort the search results by selecting an option from the Sort By menu.
- Click Preview to preview the photo.
- Click Select to insert the photo into your course.
Setting the Flickr Photo options
- In the Add Flickr Content to Course section, edit the title for the photo, select a color, or add a brief description.
- In the Mashup Options section, select the size of the image and select the Flickr information visibility settings.
- In the Attach or Link Content, upload files to accompany the photo.
- In the Options section select view recording settings and date/time restrictions for the photo.
- Click Preview to preview the page
- Click Submit to add the photo to your course.