Documentation:Connect/Add Events to Your Calendar (How To)
You can keep track of events or assignment due dates using the Calendar tool. You can view events posted by your instructor as well as add your own personal dates in one place.
When accessed from the Global Navigation tool or the Tools menu on the My Connect tab, the calendar displays a consolidated view of all institution, course, organization, and personal calendar events for a user. Calendar events are color coded by course. When accessed from a course, instructors and students see the course calendar from the course menu on the Tools page.
This document will show you how to:
- Add a calendar event and set event options
- Best Practices
Add a calendar event and set event options
- From the My Connect page, in the Tools module, click Calendar.
- Click the date box on the Calendar or the plus sign on the right hand corner.
- In the Create Event window, enter an Event Name
- Set the event date and time.
- Categorize the event to a Calendar.
- Add an Event Description
- Click Submit.
The event appears in your calendar, click on the event name to go to the event details. You can also drag and drop an event to change the date.
- Instructors can use the calendar course tool as a way of managing and communicating the schedule of events and assignments in the course. Calendar supports due dates for gradable items.
- Use the Global Navigation tool for quick and easy access to all of your course and personal calendars.
- Use the color coding system for various Calendars to keep organized between courses and personal events.
- Clicking on calendar items allows an instructor to view or edit the item, or grade attempts on the associated item.