All peer reviewers have completed the Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology workshop: "Developing Your Skills as a Peer Reviewer: Introductory Workshop". In addition, many of the reviewers have a university degree in education and/or have completed the International Program for the Scholarship of Educational Leadership: UBC Certificate on Curriculum and Pedagogy in Higher Education. Several of the peer reviewers for this program are teaching award winners.
For a full description of the formative peer review process, please read the Peer Review Process section of our website.
When you email a reviewer for a request, please indicate:
- Type of peer review you would like (classroom observation, review of assignments or syllabi or other material, review of teaching philosophy statement, other)
- A brief statement of your goal for peer review
- A time range within which you are hoping to be peer reviewed and details of when/where you teach (if you are hoping for a classroom observation)
- Your contact information
List of peer reviewers
- Judy Chan (Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology and Faculty of Land and Food Systems)
- Manuel Dias (Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology)
- Isabeau Iqbal (Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology and Faculty of Education)
- Lucas Wright (Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology)
Additional Information on Reviewers
- Judy Chan, PhD. Sessional Lecturer and Faculty Liaison, Land and Food Systems (LFS); Education Consultant, Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology
I teach a large, introductory food science course, FNH 200, each year and I have taught on-line version of the same course in the past. I adapt a wide range of learning activities in my classes whenever they support my students' learning needs. Some of my favourite and most effective techniques included peer-based learning, immediate classroom respond systems such as iClicker, Polleverywhere.com, and mentimeter.com, wikipedia-based assignment, two-staged exam, etc. I consider it a privilege to have opportunities to visit classroom across campus and I learn so much from each classroom observation.
- Manuel Dias, MA, Educational Consultant in Learning Design, Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology and Faculty of Science/Skylight.
I have been facilitating professional development activities with a particular focus on the integration and implementation of learning technology in Science. I have a keen interest in instructional design and regularly consults with faculty to implement innovative practices or fully online or blended learning courses. I am cross appointed between the Science Centre for Learning and Teaching (Skylight) and the Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology (CTLT).
- Isabeau Iqbal, PhD. Educational Developer, Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology and Sessional Instructor, Faculty of Education
I have conducted peer reviews for numerous faculty members at various career stages and consider it a privilege to be invited into someone's classroom. My teaching and learning experience is primarily through my role as an educational developer at the Centre. I am also a contract faculty member at the Justice Institute of British Columbia and an Instructional Skills Workshop facilitator; I have been a sessional instructor in the Faculty of Education at UBC. I would be happy to peer review in any discipline or Faculty, in classes of any size. When contacting me, please provide information on your teaching context (course name, class size, Faculty etc) and your predominant teaching methods. Please see isabeauiqbal.ca for more information.
- Lucas Wright, Senior Educational Consultant in Learning Technologies, Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology]
I support faculty and staff in integrating technology in their teaching and learning practice. I am an adult learning instructor with more than 15 years of experience teaching adults online, face-to-face and in blended contexts. I have a keen interest in blended learning, open education and the role of learning portfolios in teaching and learning. I support professional development programs at CTLT including the Instructional Skills workshop, Teaching in a Blended Learning Environment, the Learning Technology Hub and the Qualtrics Studio sessions.