What is the problem?
We would like to leverage the Yelp and Bing Translator APIs to give restaurant recommendations based on user defined queries in any chosen (popular) language.
What is the something extra?
- Accept queries in any language, leveraging the Bing Translate API to do so
- Parse requirements using natural language processing
- Make an HTTP request to an external API to retrieve results based on the natural language input of the user, utilizing the Yelp API
- Translate the JSON into a user friendly format
What did we learn from doing this?
- We learned about NLP and how to implement this with Prolog (analyzing sentence structure to parse specific words etc)
- We learned about how to integrate API requests with Prolog and which libraries to use/how to parse the returned result
Links to code etc