Cuppetelli and Mendoza
Annica Cuppetelli and Cristobal Mendoza are two artists that began their collaboration on September 2010. Their practice includes site-specific multimedia installations that explore interactivity, materiality and space.  They come from two very different artisctic backgrounds, Cuppetelli from fiber arts and Mendoza from programming  but is the commonalties they found between the two of them that made their collaboration so successful. Patterns, repetition and interaction are aspects relevant to both fiber/fashion and computer programming, and they took this communalities to create work that reflects the intersection of these two disciplines. 
Cuppetelli was born in the United States and obtained her BFA in Fiber, Ceramics at College for Creative Studies in Detroit and her MFA at Cranbrook Academy of Art in 2008. Cuppetelli’s practice includes her collaborative work with Mendoza and on the other work a series of sculptures and garments, which focus mainly on the female body and fashion. Her work does not depict traditional fashion designs but she attempts to question fashion, how it both relates and constricts the female body and its identity. 
Mendoza is an artist and a programmer from Venezuela who resides in Detroit and obtained his M.F.A. in Digital + Media from the Rhode Island School of Design in 2007, and his B.A. from the University of Maryland, Baltimore County in 2003. Currently he is an Assistant Professor in the areas of Electronic Arts and Graphic Design at Wayne State University in Detroit. Mendoza’s current work involves databases and data bodies, networks and visualizations of networks. He is interested in the relationship between technology and the body, the personal. 
- Interference Pool (solo). Muskegon Museum of Art, Muskegon, MI.
- Pulse Art + Technology Festival 2014. Telfair Museums, Savannah, GA.
- Mois Multi 15. Quebec City, Canada.
- Out of Line. Robischon Gallery, Denver, CO.
- Transposition (solo). Fuse Box Gallery, Denver Art Museum, Denver, CO (curated by William Morrow).
- Cuppetelli/Mendoza: Nervous Structure (solo). Museum of Art and History, Lancaster, CA.
- Cuppetelli and Mendoza (solo). John C. Hutcheson Gallery, Lipscomb University, Nashville, TN.
- Trouble Makers: Sensation Versus Digital. Le CENTQUATRE, Paris, France.
- Lichtrouten 2013. Lüdenscheid, Germany.
- Void Loop. Antenna Gallery, New Orleans, LA.
- FILE EXHIBITION-CASINO. SESQ Quitandinha, Petropolis, Brazil (curated by Paula Perissinotto).
- video_dumbo 2013. Eyebeam Art + Technology Center, NY, NY.
- Oslo LUX 2013. Oslo, Norway.
- artLab: Cuppetelli and Mendoza (solo). Krasl Art Center, St. Joseph, MI.
- Threaded Interface (solo). Grizzly Grizzly, Philadelphia, PA.
- Dlectricity. Detroit, MI.
- Scopitone 2012. Nantes, France.
- ISEA 2012. 516 Gallery, Albuquerque, NM (catalogue).
- Return to Rattlesnake Mountain. Wassaic Project, Wassaic, NY.
- Material Assumptions: Paper as Dialog. Center for Book and Paper Arts, Chicago, IL.
- Currents 2012. Center for Contemporary Art, Santa Fe, NM.
- 10o Bienal de Video y Artes Mediales. Santiago, Chile (curated by Paula Perissinotto).
- InLight 2011. 1708 Gallery, Richmond VA (juried by Matthew Lyons).
- Structural Subjectivity. Buckham Gallery, Flint, MI.
- video_dumbo 2011. New York, NY.
- FAD 2011. Belo Horizonte, Brazil.
- FILE 2011. SESI Gallery, Sao Paulo, Brazil (curated by Paula Perissinotto)
- Currents 2011. Santa Fe, NM.
- Beacons. Urban Institute for Contemporary Arts, Grand Rapids, MI.
- Transition. CCS Faculty and Alumni Hall, Detroit MI.
- ARCADI (Agence Culturelle D’Île-De-France) grant towards the production of new work in Paris, FR. March 2013.
- Vermont Studio Center (David Bermant Foundation Fellow), Johnson, VT.
- Santa Fe Art Institute (residency), Santa Fe, NM.
- The Wassaic Project (residency), Wassaic, NY.
- Louis Comfort Tiffany Foundation Grant Nominee, NY, NY (Cuppetelli).
- Searchlight Emerging Artist Award, Baltimore, MD (Cuppetelli).
- Daimler Financial Services Emerging Artist Award, Berlin, GER (Cuppetelli).
- Kunstierhaus Bethanien Residency, Berlin, GER (Cuppetelli).
- Transition (2010)
- Nervous Structure 3 (2011)
- Nervous Structure 5 (2011)
- Nervous Structure (field) (2012)
- Double Interference (2012)
- Notional Field (Nantes) (2012)
- Possib;e Polygon (2013)
- Transposition (2013)
- Nervous Structure 10 (2013)
- Standing Wave (2013)
- Linear Cycle (2014)
- Notional Field (Savannah) (2014)
- Interference Pool (2014)
- 'Cuppetelli and Mendoza' http://oslolux.wordpress.com/cuppetelli-and-mendoza/
- 'Cuppetelli & Mendoza: Transposition' http://www.denverartmuseum.org/exhibitions/transposition
- 'Cuppetelli & Mendoza Bio' http://cuppetellimendoza.com/bio-and-contact/ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "CandM" defined multiple times with different content Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "CandM" defined multiple times with different content
- 'Annica Leah Cuppetelli' http://annicacuppetelli.com/home.html
- 'Cristobal Mendoza Bio' http://matadata.com/bio.php
- Elizabeth Villalva (2014)