Course:FNEL 380/Sample Language Documentation Weekly Theme Page
This is a sample for you to draw on. Feel free to cut and paste headings and category onto your own page as a starting place. You may also change section headings (other than the overview) if you have an alternative that is a better fit.
Before writing your wiki article on the UBC Wiki, it may be helpful to review the tips in Wikipedia: Writing better articles. (Note that - if you look on the edit screen for this page when you are logged in - you will also see this as an example of how to create a reference!)
Lead section or overview should go here. This section should contain:
- a general description of the theme of your page.
- any definitions that are necessary for a layperson to understand the content.
- a summary of the most important parts of the content of your page
For more tips on writing lead sections or overviews see "Lead Section" in Wikipedia: Writing better articles
- a description of why this strategy is used in language documentation
- something about the process
- identify some key considerations for applying this approach, method or strategy
- identify some examples of projects and link to them where possible (or provide a reference).
- note some of the skills that people would need to develop in order to use this approach, method or strategy.
- Wikipedia: Writing better articles. Retrieved on January 4, 2018 from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Writing_better_articles.