This is the wiki for the SLAIS mini-makerspace. Edit it to make it better!
makerspace code of conduct
More safety rules to come with more equipment.
- Respect the space, respect your fellow makers.
• Everyone is a Maker.
• If you can imagine it, you can make it.
• If you can’t open it, you don’t own it.
• We share what we make, and help each other make
what we share.
• We see ourselves as more than consumers—we are
productive; we are creative.
• Makers ask, “What can I do with what I know?”
• Makers seek out opportunities to learn to do new
things, especially through hands-on, DIY (do-ityourself)
• Making is an interdisciplinary endeavor.
• It’s all right if you fail, as long as you use it as an
opportunity to learn and to make something
• We’re not about winners and losers. We’re about
everyone making things better
makerspace project ideas
- Raspberry Pi Minecraft Server
- Daft Punk helmet
- SLAIS calendar projection
- Twitter enabled coffee pot.
- A raspberry pi
- An old printer server
how to prepare
- Bring your laptop
- Bring craft or making ideas
- Read the wiki and add the changes you'd like to see in the world
- Be ready to give feedback where it is welcome
- Consider opening a project up to the involvement or feedback of others
- Adapted from the makerspace playbook. http://spaces.makerspace.com/.