Jump to navigation Jump to search
Code Club for SLAISers
A weekly meetup for SLAIS students who want to learn how to code or practice what they know!
You do not have to know how to code.
Don't know where to start? Check out the resources below:
Articles: Why bother with coding?
- Things I Wish Somebody Had Told Me When I Was Learning How to Code
- Learning to Code: Some Tips from Librarians Who've Done It
- What's in a digital archivist's skill set?
- Why would a Librarian learn to code?
- Librarians and Computer Programming: Understanding the role of programming within the profession of librarianship
- Automate a boring, repetitive task with Python. Because you've got better things to do than copy and paste stuff.
- Get inspired by projects created by actual Archivists & Librarians "to make their lives better"
- Make hangman & other games with Python
- "Fork" our Reader's Advisory Device code from GitHub, and add new book recommendations by editing some Python