ASIST/Cool Tool Days/Cool Tool Day 2
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cool Tool Day # 2: November 9, 2010
- Alex -- I promise I will do some Yahoo Pipes this time around (unless somebody else wants to, in which case I'll do Mendeley or something)
- Will -- Firebug (which is a firefox extension I'll need installed or I can use my own laptop). I will also mention Firesheep sidejacking unless someone else wants to talk about it.
Franklin - Super-simple way to scrape the information from SLAIS course syllabuses into a Google Spreadsheet.
- Meghan -- cIRcle, UBC's Digital Archive--what it is and why SLAISers might want to use it
- Catie -- Blekko and the magic of slashtags
- Cynthia -- Foxit (PDF reader/tool which needs to be installed or I can use my laptop). For reference: article on tools to organize PDFs (talk about its editing capabilities too! --alex)
- Tosha -- GazoPa.com An image search engine that can use images and image content to search in addition to or instead of keywords. (TinEye.com -- wasn't shown, but is a similar concept, designed to find identical image for provenance)
- Justin -- Calibre and Manybooks - loading up an ereader for free (sadly I don't have a good easy reliable DRM cracking method for letting you own your Kindle books yet, maybe next Cool Tools day. Also, I don't have any annotation tools/methods. I just read things, damnit.)
- Qinqin -- Wink, a lightweight screencasting tool for online tutorials development http://www.debugmode.com/wink/