(Redirected from Elearning/Toolkit)Jump to navigation Jump to search
UBC's e-Learning Toolkit is for those new to using technology in education or those looking for new ideas and best practices. In the Toolkit, you will find a definition of each learning tool, sample uses, some benefits, tips on how to get started, and additional resources.
The tools UBC currently supports are:
- Academic Continuity Toolkit
- Blackboard Collaborate
- Mobile Learning
- Open Education
- Respondus Quiz
- Respondus StudyMate
- Student Peer Evaluation
- Video Basics
If you find a tool or approach that you are interested in:
- first, consider your teaching goals. Our Framework for Assessing Technology (based on Bates' and Poole's SECTIONS model) is a good tool to help get you started.
- look for some workshops on the tool
- contact your local Instructional Support Unit or visit the Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology or the Learning Commons to discuss your needs.
- explore resources available through lynda.com, an online collection of instructional videos designed to provide just-in-time training in a variety of areas. Registration and information about this five-month pilot is available at lynda.ubc.ca.