Mentoring (Teaching and Learning)
From UBC Wiki
|This article is a stub. You can help the UBC Community by expanding it.|
|This page is part of the Teaching and Learning Resources Portal|
- Allen, T. D., & Eby, L. T. d. T. (Eds.). (2007). The blackwell handbook of mentoring: A multiple perspectives approach. Malden, MA: Blackwell.
- Boice, R. (1992). Lessons learned about mentoring. New Directions for Teaching and Learning, (50), 51-61.
- Boyle, P., & Boice, B. (1998). Systematic mentoring for new faculty teachers and graduate teaching assistants. Innovative Higher Education, 22(3), 157-179.
- Cohen, N. H. (1995). Mentoring adult learners: A guide for educators and trainers. Malabar, Fla: Krieger Pub. Co.
- Handelsman, J., Pfund, C., Lauffer, S. M., Pribbenow, C. M. (2005). Entering Mentoring. The Wisconsin Program for Scientific Teaching. Permalink
- Owen, H., & Ebooks Corporation. (2011). The complete guide to mentoring: How to design, implement and evaluate effective mentoring programmes. Philadelphia, PA: Kogan Page.
- Yendol-Hoppey, D., & Dana, N. F. (2007). The reflective educator's guide to mentoring: Strengthening practice through knowledge, story, and metaphor. Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin Press.
- Zachary, L. J. (2000). The mentor's guide: Facilitating effective learning relationships. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass Publishers.
Faculty-Grad Student/GTA Mentoring
- Calkins, S., & Kelley, M. R. (2005). Mentoring and the faculty-TA relationship: Faculty perceptions and practices. Mentoring & Tutoring: Partnership in Learning, 13(2), 259-280.
- Finch, J. K., & Fernández, C. (2014). Mentoring graduate students in teaching: The FCCIC model. Teaching Sociology, 42(1), 69-75.
- Kost, C. R. (2008). Innovations in teaching assistant development: An apprenticeship model. Foreign Language Annals, 41(1), 29-60.
- Lechuga, V. M. (2011). Faculty-graduate student mentoring relationships: Mentors' perceived roles and responsibilities. Higher Education, 62(6), 757-771.
- Daresh, J. C. (2003). Teachers mentoring teachers: A practical approach to helping new and experienced staff. Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin Press.
- Hazel, C. (2014). Peer mentoring in higher education: Issues of power and control. Teaching in Higher Education, 19(8), 955-965.
- Le Cornu, R. (2005). Peer mentoring: Engaging pre-service teachers in mentoring one another. Mentoring & Tutoring: Partnership in Learning, 13(3), 355-366.
- Bollis-Pecci, T. S., & Walker, K. L. (2000). Peer mentoring perspectives in GTA training: A conceptual road map. Journal of Graduate Teaching Assistant Development, 7(1), 27.
- Gaia, A. C., Corts, D. P., Tatum, H. E., & Allen, J. (2003). The GTA mentoring program: An interdisciplinary approach to developing future faculty as teacher-scholars. College Teaching, 51(2), 61-65.
- Holmes, N. G., Martinuk, M., Ives, J., & Warren, M. (2013). Teaching assistant professional development by and for TAs. Physics Teacher, 51(4), 218-219.
- Miller, K., Brickman, P., & Oliver, J. S. (2014). Enhancing Teaching Assistants' (TAs') Inquiry Teaching by Means of Teaching Observations and Reflective Discourse. School Science and Mathematics, 114(4), 178-190.
- Reid, E. S. (2008). Mentoring peer mentors: Mentor education and support in the composition program. Composition Studies, 36(2), 51-79.
- Graduate Research Assistants, Working with
- Teaching Assistants (Guides and Training)
- Faculty Development
Help Develop This Resource
Help develop this resource! You only need to login with your CWL to edit this page.
Let us know if you found this resource helpful by filling out this short feedback form.