Library:Help for People with Disabilities/BMB Library
BMB (Biomedical Branch) Library Location
- Gordon & Leslie Diamond Health Centre (DHCC) 2nd Floor,
- 2775 Laurel Street (Oak & 12th Avenue), Vancouver BC
- 604-475-4111 x6-2392 (Reference) or 604-875-4505 (Circulation)
Access information in general: DHCC is a very wheelchair-friendly building
- Accessible by bus, HandyDart and SN Transport. Metered parking available on street. Paid underground parking is available via Laurel Street.
Building and Library Entrance
- You can enter the building before 7pm, and are welcome to stay in the library until closing. Please see our library hours at http://hours.library.ubc.ca/ .
- The elevator located on the main floor of the Gordon & Leslie Diamond Health Center provides access to the library located on the 2nd floor of the center.
Librarian's Office (Rm.2148, 9am-5pm M-F)
- By appointment: firstname.lastname@example.org
Library Catalogue and Computers
- The library catalogue is available on all computers which are at sitting table height. Accessible with a UBC Campus Wide Login (CWL). Guest passes are available with government registered ID from the library circulation desk.
- Located outside of the library entrance. There is no bookdrop outside of the Diamond Centre building
- There is comfortable width between stacks (96cm) with no obstruction and spacious aisles.
- Low height (30 inch) circulation desk.
- Spacious wheelchair-friendly washrooms are available outside of the library entrance on the same floor.
- Public photocopier is available. Staff will assist if necessary.
- There are two courtesy telephones (standard height) in the library.
- No water fountains.
- Book and Journal Retrieval is available on request or phone ahead at 604-875-4505.