Inclusivity and Civility (Teaching and Learning)
From UBC Wiki
|This article is a stub. You can help the UBC Community by expanding it.|
|This page is part of the Teaching and Learning Resources Portal|
|Link to Complete Bibliography|
|For a complete bibliography, please visit the CTLT's shared folder on Refworks.
Having problems? Visit the RefWorks information guide.
- Baldwin, R. (1997-1998). Academic civility begins in the classroom. Essays on Teaching Excellence: Toward the Best in the Academy. 9(8). Permalink
- Boice, R. (1996). Moderate classroom incivilities with prosocial immediacies (Rule 1). In First Order Principles for College Teachers: Ten Basic Ways to Improve the Teaching Process (pp. 3-28). Bolton: Anker Publishing.
- Boice, R. (1996). Wait (Rule 2). In First Order Principles for College Teachers: Ten Basic Ways to Improve the Teaching Process (pp. 29-40). Bolton: Anker Publishing.
- Callan, E. (2011). When to shut students up: Civility, silencing, and free speech. Theory and Research in Education, 9(1), 3-22.
- Chory-Assad, R., & Paulsel, M. (2004). Classroom justice: Student aggression and resistance as reactions to perceived unfairness. Communication Education, 53(3), 253-273.
- Connelly, R. J. (2009). Introducing a culture of civility in first-year college classes. The Journal of General Education, 58(1), 47.
- Delpit, L. (1988). The silenced dialogue: Power and pedagogy in educating other people's children. Harvard Educational Review, 58(3), 280-298.
- Feldmann, L. J. (2001). Classroom civility is another of our instructor responsibilities. College Teaching, 49(4), 137-40.
- Gilroy, M. (2008). Colleges grappling with incivility. Education Digest: Essential Readings Condensed for Quick Review, 74(4), 36-40.
- Gomez, M. N. (2008). Imagining the future: Cultivating civility in a field of discontent. Change: The Magazine of Higher Learning, 40(2), 10-17.
- Hayden, J. M. (2010). Developing civility at the deepest levels of difference. About Campus, 15(4), 19-25.
- Levine, P. (2010). Teaching and learning civility. New Directions for Higher Education, (152), 11-17.
- Rookstool, J., & American Association of, C. C. (2007). Fostering civility on campus American Association of Community Colleges.
- Zimbardo, P. G. (2007). Revisiting the stanford prison experiment: A lesson in the power of situation. Chronicle of Higher Education, 53(30), B6.
Help Develop This Resource
Help develop this resource! You only need to login with your CWL to edit this page.
Let us know if you found this resource helpful by filling out this short feedback form.