|English Tutoring Wiki|
|Welcome to the tutoring wiki for English. Here is where you'll find links to English resources at UBC as well as detailed explanations for challenging Enlish topics.|
|Additional Tutoring Wikis|
General Resources[edit | edit source]
- Dictionary.com Online Dictionary
- Thesaurus.com Online thesaurus.
- UBC's Writing Centre Tutorial support, workshops, online preparatory courses, and links to other resources.
- MightyStudents.com Essay examples.
Writing Research Papers[edit | edit source]
- UBC Library Guidelines for writing research term papers.
- Online Tutorials and Resource Guides Resource guides and online tutorials for a variety of subjects.
- Ask Away UBC Library Chat reference service.
- Critical Reading Towards Critical Writing Provided by the University of Toronto.
- Research Papers Provides simple and basic ways to write research papers.
Citing Your Sources:[edit | edit source]
- APA Style Guide Essentials of APA style used primarily in psychology and other social sciences.
- MLA Style Guide Essentials of MLA style used primarily in English and other arts courses.
- RefWorks Handy bibliography and citation database manager.
- Citation Machine Creates citations for APA and MLA "References" and "Works Cited" lists.
Please help develop this resource![edit | edit source]
You'll need to login with your CWL first .