Documentation:UBC Content Management System/Disabling Comments On a Post
From UBC Wiki
|Welcome to the support documentation for the
UBC CMS Service.
|UBC Collab Theme|
Sometimes, you may wish to limit the user interaction for particular posts or even for all the posts. Fortunately, WordPress has systems in place to accomodate you. Disabling comments come in two varieties:
- Disabling comments on posts site wide
- Disabling comments on individual posts
Disabling Comments on Posts Site Wide
- In the dashboard, go to Settings > Discussion
- In the Discussion Settings page, check/uncheck the checkbox for Allow people to post comments on new articles
Disabling Comments on Individual Posts
- In the post editor screen, click on the screen options button on the top-right hand side to open up a dropdown menu.
- Make sure the Discussion checkbox has a tick.
- Once the checkbox is ticked, scroll down to the Discussion section and make sure the Allow comments checkbox has a tick.
- To disable the comments for the post, simply uncheck the Allow comments checkbox in the Discussion section in the post editor.