Documentation:How to add a PDF to WordPress website
From UBC Wiki
How to add a PDF to WordPress website
- In your web browser go to http://sites.olt.ubc.ca/wp-admin/ and login using your CWL.
- Click on "My Blogs" link at the top left corner of the screen to go to your website. You will see the list of the websites you have access to. Find the site you would like to update and click on "Dashboard" link below the website name.
- Click on "Media" button on the left-hand side of the screen, then click on "Add New".
- Click on "Select Files" to choose files to upload.
- On your computer find the file you wish to upload and click on "Open" button. You should see a progress bar working as the file gets uploaded.
- It is a good idea to provide caption and description of your document to make it easier in the future to fine this document in the library.
- You should see a URL for this file being generated under "File URL". Make a note of this URL. You might want to copy it and paste it in a Notepad, as you will need this URL shortly to reference your PDF on the page or in the post.
- Click on "Save all changes" button. Your PDF is now uploaded to your site. Now you want to reference it on a page or in a post.
- Click on "Pages" (or "Posts", if you want to add it to a post) and find a page (or a post) you wish to update.
- As you hover over the page title, you will see "Edit | Quick Edit | Trash | View" menu appearing under the page title. Click on "Edit" link. It will open the page you wish to update in edit mode.
- In rich text editor window type the title of you PDF, highlight it and click on "Insert/edit link" button. Paste the URL of the PDF (you have it saved in a Notepad) and click on "Insert".
- Click on "Update" button to save your changes.
- Click on "View Page" button to see your changes in the browser. Test the link to the PDF and make sure it works. You are done.