Documentation:Connect/Self Enroll (How To)
From UBC Wiki
What is a Self-Enrollment Course?
A Self-Enrollment Course is a non-credit/workshop course in Connect (Blackboard Learn) that is readily available for students to enrol themselves into.
What will you need to get into one?
To enrol into a self-enrollment course, you will need:
- A CWL Account
- Course Name
- You will need the Course Name in order to search for your course and enroll into it.
- An Access Code to the Course (rare)
- Some courses may require an access code. If this is the case you will be asked to enter one when registering for the course.
How to find your courses
- Once you have logged into Connect using your CWL at http://connect.ubc.ca/, click on the Courses Tab.
- In the My Courses sub-tab, go to the Course Catalog module (located beneath the Course List module) and then click on Browse Course Catalog.
- Find your course by using the following Search criteria
- a. Select a search condition from the drop-down list: Contains, Equal To, Starts With, or Not Blank (Not Blank will select all courses).
- b. Type in the Course Name. The search is not case-sensitive
- c. Once completed, click on Go.
- The Search Results are displayed.
- Click on the Action Link/Chevron beside the Course ID.
- Click on Enroll from the menu option.
- In the Self Enrollment page, verify that you have enrolled in the correct course and then click Submit.
- If your course contains an access code, enter the access code in the Access Code field and then click Submit.
- An Action Successful message is displayed. Click on the OK button.
- Once completed, you will be enrolled into the course and will access it immediately.