- 1 Projects
- 1.1 Current
- 1.1.1 ICASP12 – The 12th International Conference on Applications of Statistics and Probability in Civil Engineering
- 1.1.2 EESD15 – The Seventh International Conference on Engineering Education for Sustainable Development
- 1.1.3 ICSC15 – The Canadian Society for Civil Engineering’s 5th International/11th Construction Specialty Conference
- 1.1.4 TRIUMF: Canada's national laboratory for particle and nuclear physics
- 1.1.5 Centre for Sustainable Food Systems at UBC Farm Research
- 1.1.6 Adam Jones Photography Collection
- 1.1.7 SWORD Implementation Project
- 1.2 Completed
- 1.3 Upcoming
- 1.1 Current
The following sections highlight just a few of the many exciting collection projects featured in cIRcle. For an exhaustive list, you can browse the database by communities and collections or use cIRcle's Advanced Search feature to narrow your search.
This list represents a small sample of the projects currently underway.
ICASP12 – The 12th International Conference on Applications of Statistics and Probability in Civil Engineering
- ICASP12 – The 12th International Conference on Applications of Statistics and Probability in Civil Engineering and its proceedings showcase full-text, peer reviewed abstracts and papers consisting of research that 'plays a vital role in modelling the uncertainties, evaluating the risks, and identifying good decisions' in construction and engineering projects worldwide. This conference was held at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, British Columbia on July 12-15, 2015.
- EESD15 – The Seventh International Conference on Engineering Education for Sustainable Development and its theme on Professional Breadth and Technical Depth – Cultivating the T-Shaped Engineer feature the 'sharing of best practices in pedagogy innovation, curriculum re-design and assessment, community engagement in engineering education, student development, and more'. This conference was held at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, British Columbia on June 9-12, 2015.
ICSC15 – The Canadian Society for Civil Engineering’s 5th International/11th Construction Specialty Conference
- ICSC15 – The Canadian Society for Civil Engineering’s 5th International/11th Construction Specialty Conference "provided the opportunity for researchers and practitioners of construction from around the world [to share] the most recent innovations and developments in the construction industry". This conference was held at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, British Columbia on June 7-10, 2015 in partnership with the American Society of Civil Engineers’ Construction Institute (Construction Research Congress – CRC), the US Construction Industry Institute, and the UK Association of Researchers in Construction Management (ARCOM).
- TRIUMF (TRI-University Meson Facility) is "one of the world’s leading subatomic physics laboratories. It brings together dedicated physicists and interdisciplinary talent, sophisticated technical resources, and commercial partners in a way that has established the laboratory as a global model of success. Its large user community is composed of international teams of scientists, post-doctoral fellows, and graduate and undergraduate students". Explore its two new collections in cIRcle - TRIUMF Annual Reports and TRIUMF Technical Reports.
- The Centre for Sustainable Food System (CSFS) acts as a living laboratory, with both food production (UBC Farm) and community-based programs. This collection is an access point to decades of publications, reports, posters, and related materials from research projects, directed studies, and other activities that have taken place at CSFS by students, faculty, community members, and visiting scientists.
- Adam Jones is an associate professor of political science in the Irving K. Barber School of Arts and Sciences at UBC Okanagan and is an expert consultant to the United Nations Office of the Special Advisor for the Prevention of Genocide, based in New York. The Adam Jones Global Photo Archive is a pilot project which aimed to capture and preserve a selection of digital images taken by Adam Jones which relate to his scholarly publications in genocide studies.
- cIRcle staff are currently investigating strategies for using SWORD (Simple Web-service Offering Repository Deposit) to automatically upload to cIRcle UBC faculty authored articles published by open access publishers. This project supports cIRcle’s mandate to showcase and preserve UBC’s unique intellectual output.
This list represents a small sample of the completed and ongoing projects at cIRcle. Click on the project title to view the collection in cIRcle.
- Written by Ronald C. Beaumont in consultation with the Sechelt Indian Band, the Sechelt Dictionary (English-Sechelt and Sechelt-English) is part of an ongoing effort to preserve a knowledge of this language and to encourage a revival of its use by present and future generations of Sechelt people.
- The Centre for Health Services and Policy Research (CHSPR) is an independent research centre based in the School of Population and Public Health of the University of British Columbia with the mission of stimulating scientific enquiry into health system performance, equity and sustainability. While actively participating in various policy-making forums and are regularly called upon to provide policy advice in British Columbia, Canada, and abroad, its research is primarily funded through competitive, peer-reviewed grants obtained from Canadian and international funding agencies.
- This collection will contain the second edition of: Human adaptations on Cedar Mesa, Southeastern Utah by R.G. Matson, William D. Lipe, and William R. Haase IV (1990). The first edition is currently available in cIRcle where it has been downloaded over 3,700 times since it was uploaded in 2010
- The Consortium started as a School of Nursing initiative in 2012. The Consortium is led by a Steering Committee of UBC faculty members and affiliates and liaises with a wide group of stakeholders, including faculty, students, alumni and other groups at UBC and beyond. Please visit the Consortium web page at: https://blogs.ubc.ca/nursinghistory/sample-page/.
Theses and Dissertations, Undergraduate and Graduate Projects and more
- In the Spotlight: Faculty Research and Publications AND Library, Archival and Information Studies (SLAIS), School of
This list represents a small sample of the projects in the planning and consultation stage.
The 2015 International Conference on Health Promoting Universities and Colleges/VII International Congress
- The 2015 International Conference on Health Promoting Universities and Colleges/VII International Congress served to "create a dynamic meeting place for researchers, practitioners, administrators, students and policy-makers from around the world to explore pressing issues and identify promising paths for healthy and sustainable campus development". The theme of this conference was Promising Paths: Research, Practice, and Policy for Healthy and Sustainable Campuses. This conference was held at the Okanagan campus of the University of British Columbia in Kelowna, British Columbia on June 22nd – 25th, 2015.
- The Forestry Annual Reports collection in cIRcle contains annual reports since the mid-1990s to present at: https://circle.ubc.ca/handle/2429/36393. Stay tuned for the most recent annual reports to be added soon.
- cIRcle is consulting with CeMCOR to provide open access and long-term preservation to CeMCOR research papers. Stay tuned for the most recent annual reports to be added soon.
Canadian Literature Journal
- The first 155 issues of this journal (1959-1997) will be made available in cIRcle.