Hi! I work for UBC's Centre for Teaching, Learning, and Technology as a strategist for open education initiatives. I am engaged with projects that are leveraging technologies, approaches and pedagogies to support open learning and scholarship. With a background in library science, I am interested in understanding and supporting the removal of barriers that limit access to, and participation in, education, information, and knowledge.
My contact information is available at https://ctlt.ubc.ca/people/will-engle/, my blog is here: http://blogs.ubc.ca/open, and materials from many of my past presentations and workshops can accessed here.
- ↑ "Award for Excellence in Open Education: Will Engle".
- ↑ "ETUG Member Profile: Meet Will Engle from UBC".
- ↑ Engle, Will. (2014). UBC MOOC Pilot: Design and Delivery Overview Report
- ↑ MediaWiki as a Transformative University Platform: Creating an Institutional Gateway to the Commons. Wikimania 2015. Mexico City, Mexico.
- ↑ "UBC Student API Hackathon".
- ↑ 2017 BC Educational Technology Users Group Wikipedia Edit-a-thon
- ↑ The Medium and the message: CMOOC as Open Professional Development. Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, Vancouver, BC
- ↑ Creating the Pathway: Using Open Badges to Support Personalized Learning. Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, Vancouver, BC
- ↑ Case Studies on the Student as Producer. Open Education Conference. Arlington, VA
- ↑ Hands-On Learning: The Role of Maker Culture in Innovative Pedagogy
- ↑ Open Practices: Wikipedia-based Assignments in Your Classroom
- ↑ Open Educational Practices: Aligning Teaching and Learning with Research Practices, UBC
- ↑ Open in Action: A Panel Discussion. 2016 Open Access Week
- ↑ Yun, Erin (2019). "Q&A with Will Engle, Open Education Strategist, Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology". CTLT Indigenous Initiatives.
- ↑ Engle, Will. (2018) Open UBC Snapshot: Use of Open Resources Continues to Increase Open UBC
- ↑ Engle, Will (2017). "UBC Textbook Displacements by Open Resources". Open UBC.
- ↑ OER Accessibility Toolkit. Open UBC.
- ↑ Engle, Will (2019). "Open UBC Snapshot: Significant Use and Support for Open Resources". Open UBC.
|This page has been viewed over 392 times.