Hope everyone had a great new year. The purpose of the quarterly meeting is to get together to discuss about current configuration/integration/support related to UBC Wiki.
Below is the agenda on what we will potentially talk about in the meeting. Please feel free to add anything to the agenda:
- Time: 2020 Feb 24 1:00PM-2:00PM PST, Monday.
- Location: USB Conference Room 1181
- Intros & Orientation of some current UBC Wiki projects (CONS200, GEOG352, etc).
- Update on Glitch on user name where user's contributions get mixed up with another users (PRB0044508)
- Solution: Patch to fix the issue to be installed around April due to its urgent nature. Then wait for long term Mediawiki cycle.
- It takes approximately around 1 week to implement patch and no downtime https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Version_lifecycle
- Update on UBC Wiki embed to Canvas
- Adding more Creative Commons License in upload wizard (specifically a CC-BY-NC license). Currently, there are not many creative commons license selection available when uploading your own file/other people's file https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/UploadWizard
- Rie to create a ticket to the LT Hub so the request can be tracked.
- Update on being able to use CWL preferred name field (LDAP)
- Wiki Embed on WordPress?
- WordPress Gutenberg - Will Wiki Embed be added as a block?
- Wiki Embed can be added as a block.
- Scheduling regular meetings (1 per term?)
- 1 per term is just right.
- Other Stuff:
- For simple feature request - it will be best to create a ticket to LT Hub so that it will be easier to track,
- Planning a PD for LT Hub Staff to UBC Wiki may be a good idea to keep everyone track of the new feature/enhancement on UBC Wiki.
- Migrating a self-hosted wiki course to ubc wiki.
- Pan and the team will work on implementing the patch to solve the issue with wiki username conflict. The worktime will approximately take around 1 week, and aiming to apply the patch in April. For mediawiki update, we will wait until the future LTS version is released in June (1.35.x (LTS) https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Version_lifecycle
- Wiki to Canvas: Pan will be looking into workaround to solve the link issue for the Canvas iframe method. The method will require more testing.
- Rie will create a ticket to request for adding more creative commons license to the UploadWizard.
- Tim and Rie will arrange a LT Hub Staff PD on UBC Wiki!
- Will, Pan, Tim to follow up with the self-hosted wiki course.