The Sharedaddy plugin allows WordPress users to add social media sharing links to their site (examples: twitter and facebook).
- Login to your website and go to the Dashboard.
- If you don't have the Sharedaddy plugin enabled, go to:
- Dashboard -> Tools -> Plugins to enable it for your site by clicking on the Activate link in the same row (Enabling Plugins).
- Once the Sharedaddy plugin is enabled, go to Dashboard -> Settings -> Sharing (if you can't find it in the menu right away, try refreshing the page).
- Drag and drop the social media site icons that you think your users will like the most (try not to overwhelm your users, however).
- Choose whether to show "icons + text", just "icons", or just "text".
- Change the Sharing label. The default is "Share this:"
- Choose whether links will open in a new window or in the same window.
- Save Changes to complete the process.
Adding Social Networks Outside of the Default Offering
The offered social media links may be working great, but some services such as instapaper, linkedin and delicious are not available in the default set offered by the plugin.
To add other social media links, go to Dashboard -> Settings -> Sharing and click on the link that says "Add a new service" under the "Available Services" section. The information provided below can just be copied and pasted into the respective input fields (services are in alphabetical order):
Social Networks Not Present in the List
If your desired social network is not on the list above, try: sharingbuttons