Library:Copyright Resources/Creative Commons/Indexes
Creative Commons Indexes
These sites provides metaindexes of Creative Commons materials, including drawings, maps, music, painting, photography, sound, and video.
- Creative Commons Search: If you're looking for Creative Commons licensed materials, a good place to start is this tool. It searches a variety of sites, including Google Images, Wikimedia Commons, and SoundCloud for resources that are Creative-Commons licensed. Remember to verify that works are CC-licensed by following the links provided.
- Creative Commons Content Directories: a directory of websites providing images, music, video, and text that use Creative Commons licensing.
- Wikimedia Commons Free media resources: extensive user-maintained indexes of sources that provide either Creative Commons or Public Domain Materials.
- The Internet Archive is a digital library offering free universal access to books, movies, and music. Much of the material is in the public domain:
- Moving Image Archive: contains over a million digital movies, which range from classic full-length films, to daily alternative news broadcasts, to cartoons and concerts. Many of these videos are available for free download.
- Audio Archive: contains over two hundred thousand free digital recordings ranging from alternative news programming, to Grateful Dead concerts, to Old Time Radio shows, to book and poetry readings, to original music uploaded by our users. Many of these audios and MP3s are available for free download.
- Ebook and Texts Archive: contains a wide range of free fiction, popular books, children's books, historical texts and academic books.
- Find OER: index of Open Education Resource (OER) repositories.