Learning Commons:Student Orientation/Workplan 2016
Priorities for summer term 2016
- Site refresh
- Homepage redesign
- Student toolkits
- top tips
- incorporating wellness and new to UBC content
- Tutoring calendar
- Academic Integrity resources (Nick and Morgan)
- Resource Guides
- Site quality assurance
- Assignment calculator (Morgan)
- Learning and memory inforgraphic (Cindy and Morgan)
A brainstorm about priorities for the winter term 2016:
Review of current work
- YouTube review: Students Talk Playlist
- streeter style interviews from a range of students (not just student leaders). Broad range of perspectives likely most appealing to our audience.
- looking at options for new video series: Lifehacks; rate my prof (prof's reading reviews and speaking to the content?)
- Screencasts on common issues faced by the desk team (booking rooms, etc.)
- involve web team
- adding elements of humor/entertainment to video resources (new playlists for LifeHacks or Profs Reading Ratings)
- collaborate with AMS - open resources campaign (#textbook broke) - collaborate through social media (Twitter, etc)
- have some fun campaign - how might we collaborate?
- can we use the pair strategy for interviews? students accessing academic support services.
- need good questions: What makes a good prof? Highest viewed video asked the question: what's the hardest course you've taken and what did you learn?
- what have you learned from failure? can we do this with profs.?