Snagit is a screen-capture desktop software that allows instructors to easily capture, modify, markup, and share screenshots and basic video captures of their computer screens. Finished projects can be saved as images or PDFs.
How do I get started?
UBC offers campus-wide free access to Snagit for faculty, staff, and students. First, download the software to your computer, then install and open it to start making projects.
The easiest way to download and install is:
- Log in to Canvas with your CWL.
- Click the "Help" menu on the left side of the page.
- Click the "Software Distribution" option.
- Select "Snagit" from the menu.
- Choose your platform.
- Click the "Add to cart" button.
- Click the "Proceed to Checkout" button.
- Fill in your Contact Information.
- Click the "Proceed with Download" button.
- Click the "Download" button and follow the instruction prompts to complete installation.
What support is available?
Support is provided by the Learning Technology Hub and assisted by members in the Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Media Learning Community and industry experts from UBC Studios. Additional expertise is available during regular DIY help sessions.