Examity is an online application and service that offers live remote proctoring so students can take exams from anywhere. Each student is monitored through a webcam and microphone when they take the exam, at a date and time set by the instructor and pre-registered by the student. Examity offers live and automated authentication to try to ensure exam integrity.
How do I get started?
There is a charge for the use of this proctoring service. Instructors who wish to use the service will need to check first with their respective unit to determine if funding is available.
Once you have determined funding, please fill out the following form to get things set up: Learning Tool Setup Request Form.
Examity itself provides detailed documentation for getting up and running from there.
Note that Examity system requirements for students are:
- A desktop computer or laptop (not tablet)
- A webcam and microphone (built-in or external) – test webcam here
- A connection to a network with sufficient internet speed, which is at least 2 Mbps download and 2 Mbps upload – test internet speed here
- Operating system of Windows XP or newer OR Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) or newer
- A supported browser with any pop-up blockers disabled: Google Chrome v39 and above, Mozilla Firefox v34 and above, Internet Explorer v8 and above, Microsoft Edge, OR Apple Safari v6 and above
What tools can I use with this?
Examity is integrated with Canvas using the same interface, meaning instructors and students can access Examity directly from Canvas.